The Dinka people of South Sudan are believed to be the tallest in Africa. Today, this African race in its more or less pure form lives mainly in the southern Sudan and surrounding areas. In the case of some Sudanese tribes, a sample from the 1950s estimated the average male height to be 6ft. 4in while women of 1.8 m (6 ft). The most famous group and more racially preserved of the Sudanese race are the Nilotic tribes (from Upper Nile area). The most famous are Maasai, Turkana, Samburu and Dinka, whose main occupation is animal husbandry. Dinka people do not eat during daytime. In the evening, the family gathers around the fire to eat milk, fish, cooked water tubers, vegetables and rarely goat meat.
Apart from the Dinka people there are other African Countries and tribes with tallest people as well…
- Luol Deng of the Cleveland Cavaliers belongs to this tribe (6ft. 9 inches).
- Ajak Deng, South Sudanese Dinka born supermodel
- Ger Duany Sudan 6 foot 6 inches
- Elizabeth Cambage Nigerian./Australian Basketball player. Height: 6.8ft tall
- Rita Miniva Besa Zambia. Height at 6 feet 8 inches
- Abi Olajuwon Nigerian is 6.4ft tall WNBA Player.
- Foluke Atinuke Akinradewo Nigerian, is and a member of the U.S National Indoor Volleyball team and She’s 6.2ft tall.
- Aisha Mohammed, she’s 6.3ft tall
- Gabriel Estevao Monjane, Tallest African from Mozambique 8ft
- Jackson Kipkirui Koskei of Kenya 7ft 3 inches
Credit: Pinterest/ world News