Apply today – Transform your tomorrow!
The World Young Women’s Christian Association (World YWCA) Internship Programme 2017 – Geneva, Switzerland is open! (Fully Funded)
Every year, the World YWCA offers two or more one-year internships and two short-term internships for young women from the movement who are passionate about women’s rights and global change.
The application deadline for the one-year internship programme is September 30, 2016 and the deadline for the short term internship programme applications is 30 November 2016.
Do you have the ‘ ability to be flexible, independent and creative with a desire to learn and a willingness to take initiative and to manage multiple priorities simultaneously’? Then this is for you!
• Successful candidates must commit to sharing the experience gained with their YWCA and region following the internship, and their association must commit to integrating their leadership into the association upon their return.
A strong commitment and passion in achieving women’s rights and leadership.
• A good working knowledge of English, both oral and written, is essential. Knowledge of French and/or Spanish is appreciated.
• Information Communication and technology competencies related skills.
• Generally applicants should have a minimum of two years active involvement with their YWCA
– A return excess baggage allowance is available of no more than 50 kilograms of personal effects to be sent by the most economical freight from Geneva to the intern’s country of origin (available only for one-year interns).
The World YWCA will pay the freight company directly. No allowance for excess luggage is available on arrival in Geneva. Any additional excess luggage expenses must be paid by the intern.
– Furnished housing with wi-fi access in a single hostel room is provided.
– Stipend payments for food and personal needs of CHF1’300 per month for the full period of the internship.
Interns will be covered by group accident insurance for any accident occurring both during and outside office hours and in Switzerland and abroad.
A Geneva bus pass is provided for the period of the internship, and up to CHF500 allowance for private travel is available during this period. Visit www.worldywca.org for full benefit list.
1 Year Internship: September 30, 2016
Short-Term Internship: November 30, 2016.
Visit www.worldywca.org for full details. Good luck everyone!