A Ghanaian British-based pastor has reportedly been arrested in connection with the death of his pregnant pastor wife Charmaine Speirs, who was found dead in a Ghanaian hotel bathroom.

Eric Isaiah Adusah and wife Speirs were both ordained pastors of Global Light Revival Ministries with branches in London, Manchester and Edinburgh and they had travelled to Ghana to attend a church programme organised by the House of Prayer Church International in Koforidua, the Eastern Regional capital.

The three-day prophetic programme, held from March 4-6, 2015, is said to have been “very successful”.

Upon their arrival to the African country in early March, Adusah lodged at the Koforidua Guest House, while his wife stayed with host pastor, Bishop Yaw Adu.

After the religious programme, the couple decided to spend some time together before they had to leave and go back to the UK, reported Ghana News.

Ghanaian Pastor Arrested Over Pregnant Wifes Death

But the couple had a disagreement about their length of stay, according to local reports.

Speirs apparently wanted to stay in Ghana for a month but her husband disagreed, claiming that was it was far too long.

The couple, according to the police, then checked into the Royal Mac Dic Hotel on Monday March 16 and booked a room for five days.

The next day, Adusah decided that he wouldn’t be staying in Ghana for very long, claiming he had other engagements back in the UK.

He left the hotel at the dawn of March 17 and reportedly gave a warning at the front desk that his wife did not want to be disturbed and the attendants should only attend to her if she called them for help.

However, for three days – from Wednesday Mar 18th to Friday Mar 20 – hotel staff tried fruitlessly to reach her, and became alarmed as her check out date was due that Friday.

Still not getting any response from Speirs, management decided to use a spare key to access the hotel room.

The guest, who was three months pregnant, was allegedly found dead in the bathtub, “lying prostrate with a white towel wrapped around her, almost in a decomposed state”.

The police suspected foul, and Adusah was arrested and has since been jailed by the homicide unit of the Criminal Investigation Department (CID) at the police headquarters.

Local reports have claimed Adusah was arrested on suspicion of murder, but this has not been confirmed.

The police are still investigating the matter while Speirs’ mortal remains have been deposited at the morgue of the Korle-Bu Teaching Hospital in Accra awaiting autopsy.

Credit: Ghana News